This week’s “In the News” segment we discuss the following:
- Cannabis laws and the effect on landlords
- The EPA Administrator getting evicted
- Fair Market Rent Pilot
Comes courtesy of Joe Cope who shared this ridiculous plumbing job discovered under his rental’s sink.
Closing Out The Episode
We finish the episode off with insights on renters insurance with Allstate Insurance Agent Frank Ramos.
Frank explains some commonly asked questions, including the following:
- How does renter’s insurance help a landlord?
- What is covered and what is not covered?
- How does a renter having renter’s insurance differ from a landlord’s umbrella policy? (our community gets these mixed up at times)
- How does a renter make a claim?
- In the case of a fire or a pipe bursts… does renter’s insurance cover a hotel?
If you happen to be from the NYC area feel free to reach out to Frank and his team.